Your spine is the core of your skeleton from the base of your skull to your tailbone. It serves many important functions including:
- Protecting your spinal cord and related essential nerves which make up the central nervous system.
- Giving structure and connection for your hips, legs, shoulders and arms.
- Serving as an attachment to muscles that enable movement.
- Providing a framework and support for skull and ribs.
- The spine (skeleton) is what holds us up.
Because the spine plays such a key role in the functions of the body, it is easy to see why proper spinal care is important to your overall health and wellness.